Thursday, October 28, 2010
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Do you think you know everything there is to know about Fall?! See how many of the following questions you can answer correctly! There's a reward if you know them ALL!
1) What is a sign of a bad winter?
a. cold Fall
b. hot Summer
c. warm November
d. they're all bad signs
2) Thunder in the Fall foretells what?
a. warm Winter
b. rainy Fall
c. cold Winter
d. hot Summer
3) In what year did Americans celebrate two Thanksgivings?
4) Leaves have just as much red and yellow pigment as green.
5) Why do Evergreens stay green all year?
a. because it is their name
b. their leaves are stronger
c. they don't shed all their leaves at once
d. they are genetically engineered
6) The color of leaves depends on what?
a. the temperature
b. the type of tree
c. the season
d. it is totally random
7) Which one(s) is associated with Fall?
d. bunny rabbits
8) What color(s) is associated with Fall?
9) Where did Jack o' lanterns originate?
10) What year was the first Thanksgiving held?
11) Where did the name 'Halloween" come from?
If you can guess these trivia questions correctly, you will be entered into our sweepstakes for a chance to receive a $200 gift certificate. All you have to do is email your answers to Kristen at email@example.com
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
1Q: At what haunted site has the ghost of Abraham Lincoln often been felt?
1A: The White House
2Q: What west coast island would be a creepy place to visit?
3Q: Executions, imprisonment, torture. Is it any wonder this UK building is haunted?
3A: Tower of London
4Q: 50,000 Civil War troops died outside of what haunted Pennsylvania town?
5Q: Where can you see the ghostly form of a maid walking to and from work?
5A: Old Louisville
6Q: What Kentucky hospital has been called one of the scariest places on Earth?
6A: Waverly Hills Sanatorium
7Q: Which 1979 film had everybody freaking out about buying a new home?
7A: Amityville, New York haunting
8Q: In what hotel do thrill seekers request to stay in "Kate Morgan's room?"
8A: Haunted Del Coronado Hotel
Friday, October 22, 2010
Thinking about having a Holiday party? Trying to plan ahead for your wedding next year? Don't forget our Customer Appreciation Sweepstakes starts November 1st! If you book your event in the month of November, you are automatically entered into a drawing for a $200 gift card. Why wait any longer? Let us ACE your next event!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Happy Planning :)
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
10. I express my wild side through my nail polish
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Monday, October 18, 2010
Fall by the numbers...
14% of weddings take place in September, the most popular month for weddings. 12% of weddings take place in October , the third most popular month; while only 6% take place in November.
Send your guests home with these unique Fall-inspired wedding favors ideas.
1. caramel apples- have them packaged individually and tied off with a ribbon that matches your colors
2. soy candles- they can double as place cards, to save money, or pack them in a cute box that matches your color palette
3. chocolates- offering this treat in the shape of autumn leaves or acorns can be a neat way to tie in the autumn feel
4. mini maple syrup bottles- this can be given to your guests as a sweet thank-you
5. apple cider mix- these can be individually packaged with personal sayings
6. pumpkin spice soap- making pumpkin- shaped soaps add a cute touch
7. apple tarts- you don't want to upstage your cake, but individual apple tarts are an easy treat
8. sunflower seeds- both for eating and planting, this can add a rustic feel to your wedding. Display the packets alongside sunflowers in vases on the table or simply place little pouches filled with seeds at each setting.
9. fresh candied pecans- ask your caterer to walk around with a pecan cart to pass out towards the end of the night
10. apple butter- this is a unique wedding favor that you can either purchase or make yourself
Friday, October 15, 2010
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Monday, October 11, 2010
Are you trying to plan the best Halloween party and don't know where to start? If you want your party to be talked about for weeks and weeks after it's over, then just follow these simple tips for a spook-tacular event!
1. Send out your invitations 2 weeks in advance. Be sure to specify any theme, costumes, etc to avoid any confusion.
2. Have adult supervision (if need be).
3. Have a camera ready. This way you can take pictures and put them in a photo album; especially if you have an annual bash each year. It's funny to see how costumes evolve over time. Another idea is to give a disposable camera to each guest as they arrive.
4. Have a backup plan. If you're planning on an outdoor party, make sure you're fully covered with a large tent and siding. Give us a call and we can help with any questions. There are also companies that sell indoor heaters (if you live in Indiana and can't depend on the weather)!
5. Supply food and treats. Get in the spirit and dress up your food to resemble gross or scary things like eye balls, fingers, and other body parts.
6. Hand out party favors. If you had a costume contest, make sure you follow through with some sort of gift. Passing out candy can be fun and super easy!
Lastly, have fun and enjoy the Holiday. It only comes around once a year...