Friday, January 7, 2011

Valentine's what?!!


Happy New Year everyone! Wow... it's only been 8 days and I already feel like this is going to be a great year! If only I could remember to write 2011 instead of 2010...

With Thanksgiving and Christmas over and done with, people are looking for the next big Holiday to celebrate. Unfortunately for us single people, it's the dreaded (and what I like to call the "Hallmark Holiday") Valentine's Day. Ugh, hang on I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. Even when I was in a long term relationship, I always hated this Holiday! Why can't a girl get flowers on any normal, random Tuesday just for the heck of it! Gentlemen, listen up: if you want all the fun stuff that comes with Valentine's Day (you know what I'm talking about), then buy your woman flowers just to say 'I love you for you'! Trust me, it will work wonders and will probably get you farther than only showing your affection on that ridiculous day! Okay okay, time to get off my soap box...

On the plus side, it's fun to decorate because my favorite colors just so happen to be pink and red. If you're like me and don't have the money to buy, or the space to store, every single decoration for every single Holiday, then you'll have to stick to daydreaming or Google-ing for ideas. I love passing the time by searching for new centerpiece ideas and ways to creatively put together countless shades of pink and red. Some people may say you can't mix reds with pinks (just like browns and blacks), but I say do what you want. As long as its not tacky, I think there's nothing more elegant than a light shade of pink with a taste of bold red for a dramatic effect. If you think about it, it's really the same color, what with one absorbing more white than the other. Just look at this gorgeous pink napkin and how it makes the red table linen pop! This picture is so simple and yet says so much. I'm really feeling the love here! With these two colors, you can get as playful as you'd like or choose to set the mood in a more romantic manner. Roses are a wonderful touch as a centerpiece and can be arranged in such a way to reflect your personal style.
If you get stuck in the process, feel free to give us a call. That's what we're here for! And trust me, I may not enjoy the Holiday itself, but I know how to make it look pretty! We've also got you covered on your tables, chairs, linens, etc. Check us out at www.acepartyandtents.com.
Ace Party Rental
7768 Zionsville Rd Ste 100
Indianapolis, IN 46268
(317) 872-8368

No comments:

Post a Comment